Modern Nintendo History is a blog dedicated to exploring the company of Nintendo Co., Ltd. and its various intellectual properties, through a series of short narratives about a related topic. Occasionally, the blog may also discuss related topics in other video games or technology.
This blog and its author are not associated with nor endorsed by Nintendo or any other company or institution.
Aside from commenting on this blog, you can reach the professor on Twitter @ProfNintendo.
My goals are to make this blog as factually accurate as possible, and to maintain a high level of respect for the topics discussed. However, I may make mistakes from time to time, due to writing this blog as a hobby, and being an American viewing a Japanese topic from the outside.
If I violate these goals and make a mistake, please inform me! I will correct the offending material as soon as possible when it is reported.
- Official Nintendo Webpages
- Investor relations: including Q&A sessions with shareholders
- Nintendo Direct: periodic video series with announcements delivered by various executives
- Iwata Asks: interviews with industry personnel by Satoru Iwata
- Smash Bros. DOJO!!: a blog about Super Smash Bros. Brawl, written by its director, Masahiro Sakurai
- Super Mario: How Nintendo Conquered America by Jeff Ryan (ISBN 978-1-59184-563-8)